Saturday, November 26, 2016

Week 64: the week that wasn't.

Well, Ok, it was, and it was a long week, but it didn't really FEEL like anything.  It went by very quickly, in a bit of a haze.

Monday took a while, but mostly because the entire time I was just wishing that I could go home and open the blamed can to see if it was, indeed, caramel.  It didn't help that it being Monday meant that right after school I went to the Chiropractor.  When I made it back, I had to make dinner.  THEN I couldn't find the blamed can opener!  Right when I was ready to give up, I finally found it!  And guess what!

it's Caramel!

It was really good! It's dipping caramel, good for apples, ice cream, and....I think I wanna make brownies with caramel at some point, that would be tasty.  I showed it off at English class on Tuesday, and they were all impressed.

So, the rest of the week was fairly normal.

singing practice

playing practice

and everyone was in a tizzy over the arts performance.  ONE interesting thing I saw, was the practicing of helping peoples in wheelchairs.  I'm not sure what grade it was, but I saw people going around in groups, with teachers, taking turns learning the various ins and outs of the school and how to navigate and help people in wheelchairs.

(with the teacher, they couldn't do races)

wheel chairs waiting to be returned.

As far as I can tell, the schools can borrow basic wheelchairs for their crutch bound students for the longer moving around stuff.  Ah, if only I could speak Japanese.

Saturday was the performance, and it dawned COLD and RAINY.

this did not stop everyone from showing up.

not shown, all the parents in back in "standing room only" FILLING the space.

The shows were done in two shifts.  First shift was 1,3,5th grades, second show was 2,4,6th grades.  This was actually a really good idea, because that meant that the little ones didn't have to sit through EVERYTHING, and...frankly they couldn't have fit all the parents in at one go.

seriously, lots of people. Also not shown, the large section in the front of parents sitting on the floor.

I got a chair, in the veeeeery back corner.  But I got a cute seat mate.

awwwww!

There was singing

Pretty sure that's the first graders

And music!  See if you can recognize these!



"kiss a wookie! Kick a droid!"



If you can't I am very disappointed.

They also did "Tequila" including the shouting portion, which I had to snerk at. :)  and...something called "Samba" which I THINK was a song from the latest Olympics?  And lots of Japanese songs, of course.  Anyhow, it was lots of fun, and really cute. I wish I could have seen ALL the different schools perform, because I heard ONE of my schools practicing THIS one....


And I woulda LOVED to hear the final product.

And that was my week!  I mean, it was long, but it just felt normal, I guess because there was nothing to really break the monotony.

After the kids finished performing, they went home and we said goodbye to all of them.  I told the teachers they did very well, and some of them seemed surprised, like "really? you thought that was good?!" and I was like "You probably heard EVERY. LITTLE. MISTAKE. but really, the most important thing is...it's finished now!" :D

All the teachers had lunch together, and I started in on some prep work I had been procrastinating the previous week when my liaison teacher sidled up to me and said "the vice principal says we can go at 2:00, but he was like 'I'm whispering this to you...'"
Which basically means, I'm TECHNICALLY not supposed to let people go ahead of time, but really, who wants to stick around?  You don't tell anyone I let you go early, I won't tell anyone you left early.
I was FINE with this. :D

I went to the bath house.  Much better use of my time.

Oh, and I saw these pretty berries on a tree/bush!


No comments:

Post a Comment