Saturday, November 5, 2016

Week 61: Fall has hit...like a truck.

Ok, so, it is now cold.

My GOSH, it wasn't too bad before, and sometimes it's still a bit warm when the sun is out, but wow.

So this week was dedicated to Halloween.

And later, this will be PIE

Halloween is on a Monday this year, so of course, everyone is celebrating it the week before.  This means I had to teach my Halloween lesson all this week, and, you know, I did not get as tired of it this year as I did last year. I think it helped that I smoothed things out, knew what would get the kids involved, etc.  So yeah, it went well.

For most of the class, I taught some basic history of Halloween, which some people might not agree with, but let's be honest, no two sources agree on a lot of it, so I mushed them up together. :P

Then at the end, they did an art project.  The fifth graders made small Jack o' lanterns to protect their homes from monsters.  Of course, I made my own, if nothing else, to show them you COULD make them with the materials given in the time given. :P  So now I have a little garden of my own!

the students' were so cute too, but I didn't get pictures.

The 6th graders were to draw their costumes, and I remember I put some of them up last year, so you get so see them again!

most popular two were witch






and ghost


...????

why does this ghost have a bag on his head?

And there were a few stand out ones,

I was really impressed, I did NOT give them THAT much time...

cat demon

that's right, the actual Dragon ball.

Pirate!

Jason

...he wrote it, he drew it, I gotta say, at least it's creative.

gotta love detailed stick figures! 
awwww, what a cute ninja!



::snerk::

There were, of course, more, but those are the highlights. Sometimes I gotta remind myself these guys are only in 6th grade, but some of them are such good artists!

And some are not.

BUT HE TRIED.

I wasn't feeling well Tuesday, so I didn't go to English class, instead I went to kid's English class on Wednesday, when they were having the Halloween party.
sorry it was blurry.

And I handed out candy.

and didn't eat...much of it.

Oh! and one of the teachers gave me a cute little Japanese treat!  This particular treat is well known for its artistic merit.  They're always made of the same basics, but the shapes are seasonal, so of course for autumn...

IT"S SO CUTE. and it was tasty.

Let's see...Saturday was a BEAUTIFUL day, and I was invited to a college culture/club festival thing. Last year I went to a high school club festival, this year it's college.  Anyhow, they were much the same.

only with Halloween, the costumes were ELABORATE

They had food booths, and people wandering around advertising for them.


come to our booth! buy stuff!

our booth! over here!

I wasn't sure where my friend I was meeting up with was, so I ate my way across the festival and checked out the different rooms.

There was Dancing

THIS GUY bounced on that hand for a good 30 seconds!

Concert

outdoor's club
testing the hammock.

And there were art clubs and photography exhibits and it was a lot of fun.

I watched a "Disney Review"  I don't know what the club was.


"open up the gates"

And it was a lot of fun! And they sang all the songs in English!  And...they couldn't sing. It is AWFUL to say, because I think they did very well...but boy, most of them couldn't sing. They had Altos singing soprano parts, there was no force and...they were often off pitch.  But they had memorized entire songs in English, along with choreography and they had such enthusiasm, and I can't say they did badly.  Some of them could sing very well, and they were nice to listen to.  And they learned the Broadway version of "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"!  VERY impressed on that one.

Finally found my friend, she was in a choir, and so spent a lot of the time prepping for their performance.

GREAT costumes

One of my favorite parts was when Alice came down to play a boogie-woogie piece on the piano.


I WANT THAT BUNNY

Oh! and my favorite costumes!

they even had the FEET

And then we wandered around the campus and got chilled and I finally went home. :)  In all, not a bad week!  Now if only I could kick this fatigue!

To close, please enjoy this overdramatic ghost I picked up!

oooOOOOoooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment