Saturday, March 11, 2017

Week 80: must be the pollen

I'm tired again. And I've been getting the recommended sleep!  Must be the pollen.

In other news, what a week!

It's almost the last week of school, so there's lots of wrap up lessons being planned.  Some students get the odd idea that I'm going to do a party or go easy on the last lesson.  Where do they get that idea?

The weather is looking up (kinda) so I'm riding my bike to school again!  I'm sure this has contributed to my tiredness a little.

Most of the other adventure stuff happened after school.  Let's see, Monday, I made cinnamon rolls.

they got a little burned, so I drowned them in cream cheese frosting.

And then Tuesday I taught English class at the church...and fed them my cinnamon rolls.

All right, this is actually kinda funny.  See, for various reasons, the missionaries at times will have one of my tupperware.  And then, week after week, they will forget to return it.  So this time, when I saw them on Sunday I said "if you manage to get the tupperware back to me on Tuesday, I will GIVE you another one with treats in it.  If you do not bring it, I will eat the treats in front of you."

So when I pulled out the rolls on Tuesday and started handing them out, I went over to the Elders' class and said "Elders, they're eating your dessert". :D  They got a roll in the end, but there wasn't enough left to take home, so I got my tupperware back!  WOO!  (I'm a mean person)

Wednesday, a friend and I went to a lantern festival.  Wait, Wednesday?  Yes, she was busy Saturday, so we decided to go after school on Wednesday instead.

It was LOVELY.  There were, as expected, lanterns.

not nearly as big as Awaji's.

still funny looking.

religious lanterns

pretty!

There were Ikebana (flower arranging) displays.

release the kracken!

looks like it was inspired by the ocean.

I wish I took better night pictures.

Entrance to fairy land!
this just looks pretentious.


And lit up buildings and foliage.

there were people inside taking tea, making the scene perfect. But a bad angle for pictures.

more plum blossoms!

pretty!

the angled lights really added another dimension to this rock garden.
and a few things I can't categorize quite as well.

amazing art.

a large statue.  We're talking BIG

...lantern hats?

We finally headed back to our respective houses to warm up, but it was a nice night.

Thursday was entertaining because my school practiced their graduation ceremony.  And I mean they practiced every part of it.  Every single student.

the coming in and sitting down properly.

Where to stand

they had tape marking stop points and corners.

How to receive the certificate (right hand first) how to walk away with the certificate (under the right arm, words facing out), squaring the corners.


And when a student got it wrong, they were taken to the side by another teacher and gently coached through it before being sent on.  It was really cool.

No. Literally.  We had a cold snap and the gym is still unheated. I huddled under my coat the entire 2 hours.

2 hours?  Well, there are over 150 students, and after the names they did the speeches and the singing.  Either way, by the end, I was well and truly chilled.

Thursday night, easy day at school or not, I was tired.  But I stayed up and got my haircut anyhow.

it's short again!

And Friday night...I did nothing.  Nope. I had pancakes for dinner and watched cartoons.

So Saturday, after that entertaining week, I felt well and truly justified to do nothing.  I chatted with family. I cleaned my room, I went grocery shopping, and I just was lazy.  I didn't even go out for a walk.  (it spit rain occasionally anyhow)  I did, however, EVENTUALLY, make bread.

that I ate too much of.

I bet you all thought I'd never take that Saturday off!  Well HA! :D

Hope you're all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment